200字范文,内容丰富有趣,生活中的好帮手!
200字范文 > 每天英语 《哈克贝利·费恩历险记》中英文小说-17|连载

每天英语 《哈克贝利·费恩历险记》中英文小说-17|连载

时间:2024-05-07 20:01:18

相关推荐

每天英语 《哈克贝利·费恩历险记》中英文小说-17|连载

17

4 The Duck and the King

4 公爵和国王

Two or three days and nights went by and nothing much happened.

二三个昼夜过去了,没发生什么事。

We travelled at night when it was dark and everybody was asleep.

我们在夜里旅行,那时天黑,别人都在睡觉。

We didn’t want anyone to see Jim and ask questions about him.

我们不想让任何人看见吉姆,问起有关他的问题。

Then, one morning, just after it was light, I found a little canoe, so I got into it and went over to the side of the river.

一天早晨,天刚刚亮,我发现了一只小独木舟,于是,我上了独木舟来到了河边。

I was looking around, when, suddenly, two men ran through the trees.

我正在环视着,突然,两个男人跑着穿过树林。

‘Help!’ they cried. ‘There are men and dogs trying to catch us. But we’ve done nothing wrong!’

“救命!”他们喊到。“有人想要抓我们,还带着狗。可我们没有做错事!”

One of the men was about seventy years old; the other was about thirty, and they both had very old, dirty clothes.

其中一个人大约70岁,另外一个人大约30岁,他们俩都穿着很旧很脏的衣服。

I said they could come with me, and we ran quickly back to the canoe.

我说道,他们可以跟我来,我们很快跑回到了独木舟那儿。

Back on the raft we talked for a time and then the young man said,

回到木筏上,我们说了一会儿话。然后年轻人说道:

‘My friends, I think I can tell you my secret now. I’m really a duke.

“我的朋友们,我想,现在我能告诉你们我的秘密了。其实我是个公爵。

My grandfather was the son of the Duck of Bridgewater, but he left England and came to America.

我的祖父事布里奇沃特公爵的儿子,可他离开了英国,来到了美国。

When the old Duck died, my grandfather’s younger brother stole everything and made himself the Duck of Bridgewater.’

老公爵死时,我祖父年轻的兄弟偷走了一切,变成了布里奇沃特公爵。”

未完待续~

本内容不代表本网观点和政治立场,如有侵犯你的权益请联系我们处理。
网友评论
网友评论仅供其表达个人看法,并不表明网站立场。